Friday, February 1, 2013

Getting Organized: Sewing

 
 
As I've admitted, I'm a big remnant bin shopper. This leaves me with lots of random rolls of fabric. I can put them in a drawer and awkwardly sort through them once I've come up with a project, but I knew there was a better way. While cleaning up my closet I came across a shoe organizer I no longer have a need for. In all honesty, I have big feet and I can't fit all that many shoes in it anyways. 
So a method of fabric organization was born!
 
 
Depending on the thickness of the fabric, several rolls can fit in each slot.
 
 
It also makes it easy to see which fabrics would work well together. You could even keep the fabrics meant for specific projects together in their own pouches. Having them out and visible also keeps me thinking about what I can do with them, so hopefully I'll be encouraged to find some time to use them.

As you can see, I'm a fan of using what I already have laying around the house. I happen to have a bunch of pill organizers laying around. Seriously, my Grandmother was getting rid of several and my husband figured we could find a use for them. I mean, really, who couldn't use five pill holders? Well, they happen to make PERFECT bobbin holders!

 
Seriously, it is pretty similar to what they sell in the store for that.
 
Just a few simple things that can make a sewing area that much more enjoyable and productive!
 
 

1 comment: