Thursday, March 21, 2013

Learn something new every week: Sleep is amazing


Sleep is amazing.  Seriously though, who doesn't know that.  We all know that.  But sometimes we are reminded of that, like when we don't get any.  My son is 6 months old today!  That went super fast.  BUT - the six months of being able to count on one hand the number of times I have slept "through the night" has not gone by quickly.  Let's not forget about pregnancy - so add a that final trimester onto the tally of months without sleep and it gets pretty rough. 

I haven't posted much lately on this blog, or my family blog, because this Mama has not been getting much sleep.  I am one of those people that needs 8 hours.  Little Man has been waking every 2-3 hours, sometimes every hour, during the night and of course hasn't settled into a nap schedule during the day.  If I held him all day he would be golden, but that isn't possible.  Then pile on an almost 3 year old that is iffy with the naps and a husband that is in school at night and that makes for some looooooooooooong days.

Anywho - sleep is amazing.  And I have gotten some the past two nights.  Hence, my catching up on posts.  Last night my son only woke up once.  ONCE!  He also took two good length naps yesterday.  Sleep begets sleep.  So true.  Heck, I nursed him again when he woke up at 6am (I guess that was his second waking, but that is usually when he gets up) and he is snoozing again.  I was able to get a (kinda) restful nights sleep, get to the gym for a 5am class (yes, I am a glutton for punishment), get home before hubby needed to leave for work, cuddle and nurse with Little Man and BAM - get these posts done.  All before 8am. THAT, my friends, is what sleep can do for you.

Sleep is amazing.





2 comments:

  1. Yay! Or Yeah! Or any other similar sounding expression of celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Allison can relate. Now, I still am not getting 8 hours. However, I will take 6 hours with one wake up to 5 hours with three wake ups anyday....

      Delete