Friday, January 4, 2013

A homemade Christmas.

I was considering saving some of these for next Christmas, but I'll probably have a whole new set of projects next year, so I figured it was best to share these now! 

I am very new to the sewing scene.  Seriously, less than a year, and there never seems to be enough time for it.  That said, I love doing personalized, homemade gifts and gave it my best this year. 

For Little Man, he is so young he really didn't need anything, but I figured he should have something under the tree and how could I resist MAKING him something?!  I looked around a bit for baby gift ideas and came across these.


A cloth block from Make It & Love It.  Perfect for using fabric scraps and for the beginner sewer.  

 
Of course, I then had to make the accompanying cloth rings
 
Little Man has already been munching away on these! 

 
Next up was a stuffed turtle for a dear friend of ours.  I used a great tutorial found here.  I also just now realized that ALL the above projects were from the same site.  Ha!  Looks like I'll have to look around that site some more!

 
Now, this was one of my proudest accomplishments this Christmas season.  I found some fun remnant fabric and thought it would be great for some pj pants.  Making clothing seems very daunting, but it really wasn't that bad and I'm inspired to keep doing it! 
 MADE has a great tutorial that I used here. 
 
I put a fun little heart "tag" to quickly identify which way was the back.
 
 
They were perfect!
 
 
Last, but not least, I made the kiddos home made stockings!
 
 
 
I'll post a tutorial this week for these!
 
 
 
A homemade Christmas is truly a special Christmas!
 
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment