Sunday, January 6, 2013

Learn something new every week: how to put on a scarf

I really do learn something new at least once a week!  Maybe I'm naive, sheltered or just very much out of "trendy" pop culture stuff, but I get kind of excited when I learn new things and wanted to share them with you!

I got my hair cut this week.  Like, REALLY cut. 

I went from this
 


To this



See, lots of cutting.  I donated my hair, so I had to get rid of at least 10 inches.  This is the shortest I've ever had it and has left my neck surprisingly exposed to the cold. 

What does this have to do with learning something new?  Well, I saw the coolest way to wear a scarf the other day and my neck is now requiring one when I go out!  Forgive me if you already knew this, but I was in awe when I saw how a teenage girl put her scarf on while leaving church.  I've always been a traditional "put it behind your neck and toss each end over your shoulders" gal - but not any longer. 

Here is my new way of putting on a scarf!



Fold your scarf in half.  I prefer to use a longer scarf when putting it on this way.  My Grandmother made this for me years ago and it is the perfect length for this.



Now pick it up and put it behind your neck.



Now thread the ends on one side through the loop on the other side.


Adjust it up, like a tie.



Voila!  How cool is that.


So, that is what I learned this week!  And yes, as my husband pointed out, I'm aware I just put a slip knot around my neck.  I will be extra cautious to make sure the ends don't get caught in anything.  Perhaps also good to remember you don't want a super long scarf for this method....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment